Know Thyself ...
and develop the hidden powers of your mind
Online Training Programme
Your greatest challenge is 'Know Thyself", discover your abilities. In 50 steps leads the Solo Magical Training you, every lesson a concrete learning module: study, experience, apply and inner understanding.
Every lesson and every theme is a building block for your Inner Temple: abilities open up, realisations deepen, senses sharpen, all elements balance.
The Solo Magical Training is your personal journey of discovery, with the Kabbalistic Tree as the roadmap, and Ina Cüsters-van Bergen as your guide. You walk under supervision the 'Path of the Snake', a road that asks everything from you: determination, creativity, spirituality. And gives back even more: energy, focus, vision, and the power to be and to change: Magic!
The Hermetic Order of the Temple of Starlight is divided into several orders. Each order has its own separate training component. The training towards the Second Degree is called The Solo Magical Training. Below is a description of this home training programme for the lessons of the first and second degree.
What is the Solo Magical Training?
Developing the hidden powers of your mind
- The Training of the Inner Senses
- The Elements of the Wise: Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit
- What will I learn during the Solo Magical Training?
- Know Thyself
- Build your Inner Temple
- The keys to the Temple Secret
- Climbing the Path of the Snake
- Integration of the Qabalistic Tree of Life in yourself
- Connecting the Qabalistic Tree of Life to other ancient traditions
- Supervision of techniques of the Solo Magical Training
- Who is the Solo Magical Training for?
This training consists of 50 written lessons that give you the opportunity to develop as a solo magician and work in your own private temple. While you are following the Temple Training, or studying at esoterics from your home, these lessons are very important for the development of your inner senses. You can take this training in combination with the Temple Training, but it is also a curriculum in its own right. In order to get the Second Degree Initiation you will first need to get the First Degree, and this requires for you to obtain thorough practical temple skills, through Temple Trainings/ Magical Workshops or otherwise.
- Do you want to develop the abilities referred to by Dion Fortune as 'Certain Unknown Powers of the Mind' It is these unknown powers of the mind that you will be developing in this Solo Magical Training.
- Build your inner temple: the Solo Magical Training is a indepth mindtraining based on the Qabalistic Tree of Life and other Western Mystery Traditions. The training follows the curriculum of the Temple Training, but on a deeper level. It is an online training with a full focus on training by means of intensive meditation techniques.
- In the Solo Magical Training, you will develop both on a spiritual level and on mundane levels by techniques that you apply in your daily life. You can start the Solo Magical Training at any time, following the course at your own tempo.
- If you practice the exercises on a daily basis you will get the maximum result from the course.
- The course will give you the keys to the Hermetic Secrets.
Every lesson gives you in-depth theoretical and practical access to the sephiroth and the paths of the Qabalistic Tree of Life. You learn a few basic skills that are summarized by the term 'visualization'. Visualization is actually an inaccurate word. It means that you train your inner senses, and this means not just your inner sight, but also your inner ear, your inner sense of smell, your inner body consciousness and your inner taste. All senses have their equivalent on the inner planes and together are referred to as 'visualization'.
The different states of consciousness are linked to the physical space and to the elements. Earth is the ability to manifest. Air the ability to think clearly. Fire is your passion, Water your intuition and Spirit the ability to transform your experiences and bring them to a higher level.
In the first part of the training you will make links between your inner senses and the areas of inner consciousness. Here you lay the fundaments for your further training. It is essential for a solid build-up of the training that this basis has no gaps. This is why everyone starts at lesson one, even if you have a lot of experience in other spiritual circuits.
In the next part you start the purification of your personality. Know Thyself is written above the doors of the Temple. The following step is to open yourself up to different layers of consciousness of your personality in a meditative state by means of certain symbols. These symbols open the doors to your subconscious mind. This then works its way down into your daily life. You will generate certain experiences which will enable you to solve problems at the level of your subconscious mind. This will make you more stable and give you a better grip of your life. You start to build up stabilizing anchors in your subconscious mind.
The next step is to take things to an even deeper level as you work on building your inner temple. Compare this to building a normal house. You start with the foundations, then you build the walls, the different rooms with their different functions, and then you wire the building. When these basic structures are ready, you switch on the power. In popular parlance, what I describe in this metaphor as power is referred to as energy. In our tradition this is the magical power of the snake that lies at the bottom of the Qabalistic Tree of Life.
The Hermetic Order of the Temple of Starlight is what is referred to as a Hermetic Order. The word 'Hermetic' means that the ideas we study are all based on the philosophy and on the magical ideas of the hermetic laws of Hermes Trismegistus, another name for the Egyptian God Thoth. The word Herm comes from the ancient Greek language and refers to a pillar with four sides and a bearded head at the top. The pillar was used to communicate with the Gods. The word herm also refers to alchemical texts, which were written as philosophical metaphors. The symbols are the keys to mystical experiences and the ability to communicate with the Gods. Through this Solo Magical Training you will learn to unravel the hermetic secrets.
In the Solo Magical Training the connecting thread is formed by the Qabalistic Tree of Life. Here you will experience the great difference between book wisdom and praxis. At the beginning of solo magical training you will build up endurance and discipline. Daily discipline is required and results come slowly. Gradually, their effect increases.
After a while you will start to feel the serpent power. This gradually becomes stronger and more effective and you gain increased control of the process. Because of the power of the force, it is important that fundamental techniques are completely mastered in the subconscious mind and in body consciousness.
During the Solo Magical Training you will learn new meditation techniques in each lesson and new applications of the 'unknown powers of the mind'. In this way your meditations will become more effective and your daily life will become more stable.
Once you have made meditation part of your daily routine, you will no longer want to miss out on it. It becomes a daily moment of spiritual refreshment when you charge your batteries spiritually, emotionally and physically from the great battery of cosmic spiritual energy that is the birthright of everyone willing to do the Great Work.
You learn to work with the different types of energy in a very practical way. Every Sephirah, every path contains symbols for energy frequencies. You will have experiences with a lot of energy, with different types of energies and the high frequencies of these energies. In this way, the symbolical associations encountered in books about the Qabalah become actual spiritual experiences. The Tree becomes a real part of you. The symbols become keys that open certain inner areas, opening you up to living experiences on the inner planes.
I always use this metaphor to explain it: the Qabalistic Tree of Life functions as a map of the inner planes. The Sephiroth are the 'lands 'and the paths of the Tree of Life are the 'highways'. They are different types of energy and involve different methods of working with these energies. Every Qabalistic Path is explained by means of concrete examples.
Each lesson explains the way that meditation techniques are applied. You will be practicing with these techniques during the lesson. You write down your experiences down in a report, which you send to your supervisor.
- You learn how to focus on a specific area of consciousness;
- You learn how to 'charge' this area with esoteric symbols;
- You learn how this area works in your life;
- You learn to make changes in accordance with your will;
- You learn to apply these changes in your life;
- You learn all this on the different levels of consciousness;
- You learn to increase the amount of snake energy you have;
- You learn to use this energy for certain goals;
- And much more …
…. because all of the above are just a few examples from the broad scope of magical traditions and techniques which you learnt during the Solo Magical Training. There are a lot of books about magic, but the essence is still transmitted 'from mouth to ear'. Following the correspondence course in which you work in close connection with supervisors will enable you to learn these high level techniques at home.
- I am not a member of the temple yet, I prefer to work individually and am interested in making meditation part of my daily routine.
- I am a member of the temple, am currently following the temple training and want to train in order to systematically incorporate the material into my energy system.
During the Solo Magical Training, you practice your magical skills by means of meditations and other magical exercises in your own environment. Ina has written this as an online course. This means that you can follow this intensive Solo Magical Training wherever you live. For this reason the course is written in English.